Harold Pinter Theatre
The Grade II listed Harold Pinter Theatre (formerly Comedy Theatre) is an important example of an 1880s theatre that survives largely intact. The theatre, designed by Thomas Verity and opened in 1881, has an attractive classical facade and an auditorium that retains the original three-tiered horseshoe form with attractive plaster decoration.
Foster Wilson Architects, working with John Muir, was responsible for re-decorating the interior with a new colour scheme to fit the period and design of the auditorium. Renovation work has also included the removal of existing lighting bins and the re-instatement of plasterwork to complete the balcony front.